Dive Theory eLearning
PADI Dive Theory eLearning contains comprehensive explanations coupled with examples to help you learn about the following topics.
- Dive physics,
- Environmental considerations,
- Decompression theory and the
- Recreational Dive Planner (RDP).
Each of the program’s six sections contains short topics that detail concepts supported uniquely by images and graphics.
You learn why and how then test your understanding via knowledge check questions.
End-of-section assessments verify your mastery of the topic.
PADI Divemaster, Instructor Development Course (IDC), IDC Staff Instructor and Course Director candidates will find this program useful to prepare for dive theory exams.
You may be able to get credit toward the dive theory portion of the PADI Divemaster, IDC, IDC Staff Instructor or Course Director Training Course (CDTC) exams if you’ve completed Dive Theory eLearning within 12 months.
Divers of all levels can use the program for personal enrichment.
Dive Theory eLearning Academic
Sections and topics include:
- Dive Physics – heat, light and sound in water, water pressure, buoyancy and gases underwater
- Physiology – circulatory and respiratory systems, responses to nitrogen, thermal change, as well as pressure changes on body air spaces
- Equipment – scuba systems, cylinders, valves, regulators, gauges and dive computers
- Dive Skills – buoyancy control, problem management and emergency first aid, navigation, search and recovery, communications, night and altitude diving skills
- Environment – physical oceanography, current, waves, tides, aquatic life and responsible diving practices
- Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) – decompression models, dive tables, dive computer use and special rules, recommendations and considerations
Prerequisites & Requirements
Age Requirement: Ten years or older
Course Prerequisites: None
Time Commitment: Approximately 12-16 hours
For information on other available languages, please contact Big Squid.
Sign up for Dive Theory eLearning to start now. You can work through the six knowledge development sections using a web-based system that lets you learn at your own pace.
By completing Dive Theory eLearning, you can get credit for the dive theory portion of the PADI Divemaster, IDC, IDC Staff Instructor or CDTC exams. Your local dive centre can explain how this works when you meet to discuss continuing your education.