SMB Specialty £285.00
Whether you’re planning on coastal diving here in the UK or on your holiday, having a Surface Marker Buoy (SMB) will increase your safety and comfort and will alert boat traffic and other divers to your location.
If you’re ever involved in drift diving from a boat then a delayed SMB will allow your boat skipper to follow your dive and pick you up promptly upon surfacing. They are also a great visual reference on your ascents too. The PADI SMB specialty course will teach you the safest and easiest techniques to efficiently deploy a delayed SMB whilst static underwater and also whilst swimming.
The course consists of a knowledge development presentation and 2 open water dives which will cover:
- Why use a DSMB / SMB
- Tides and currents
- Types of Surface Marker Buoys
- Types of reels
- Methods of delayed SMB deployment
- Risks and hazards of SMB use
- Preparing the delayed SMB for use
What do I need?
- A PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver(or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 12 years old
If you have completed 5 PADI Specialties & the PADI Rescue Diver course and have 50 logged dives, you qualify to register as a PADI Master Scuba Diver, the highest non-professional diver rating within PADI.