PADI Search and Recovery Specialty £415.00
As a diver Search and Recovery skills are a very useful asset to have. Moreover, you will certainly get an opportunity to put these skills into practice.
Throughout the course we will teach you the skills and thought processes required for you to for instance plan and execute a successful search and recovery dive.
This speciality course is comprised of 4 open water dives, conducted over 2 days.
During your training we will focus on the important techniques and applications which you will consequently be able to directly apply to a variety of search and recovery situations..
The training also doubles up as a very useful navigation refresher as it also contains a range of navigation skills.
We run this course with a maximum ratio of 2 students with 1 Instructor to guarantee your attention and safety.
During this comprehensive course, we will be covering such topics as
- Planning and organisation techniques,
- Procedures and hazard anticipation are required in order to plan search and recovery dives.
- Limited visibility diving procedures and various underwater navigation techniques.
- Safety considerations and object location techniques,
- The practice and application of various search patterns.
- Considerations for the use of lines and reels.
- Techniques and safety considerations for the recovery of objects using various lifting devices.
- Knot tying skills, practice and application.
Learn more about PADI
To enrol on the course you should have an Open Water diver certification or the equivalent.
We run this course to order so please contact us directly for details.