PADI Freediver Course
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
The PADI Freediver course consists of three sections
- Knowledge Development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADIFreediver Touch. (an Online app with videos & Quizzes, allowing you to do the theory at home before the in-water sessions. Your instructor will be available to answer any questions or queries you may have as well)
- 2 confined water sessions to learn breath-hold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea, plus proper buddying techniques.
• Goal – Static Apnea of 90 seconds
• Goal – Dynamic Apnea of 25m
- Open Water Sessions (Can be done on one day) to introduce and practice both ‘Free Immersion’ (FIM) and ‘Constant Weight’ (CWT) freediving disciplines, plus proper buddy procedures.
- Goal – Constant Weight freedive of 10 metres.
PADI Freediver Touch (an app that includes Knowledge Development Reviews, Quizzes, Exams and Videos)
Equipment hire for both Pool and Open water sessions
Tuition by a PADI professional freediving instructor who are fully insured and adhere to UK HSE regulations
Small group sizes
The only additional cost for the PADI Freediver course is for entry to either dive site and is payable on arrival on the day.
Minimum Age 15
Demonstrate the ability to swim continuously on the surface for 200 metres without swimming aids or for 300m with mask, snorkel and fins.
We have 2 heated swimming pool times and locations to choose from so there is something convenient for you:
Open Water Dive Sites
We contact the PADI Freediver Open Water sessions over one day either at Wraysbury Dive Centre or The National Diving and Activity Centre (NDAC) in Chepstow – please conatct us for dates.
Location and Times
Dulwich College Sports Club, London SE21 7LD
Clapham Leisure Centre, London SW4 6DB
Cost: £325.00 with all equipment included
Duration: 2 evening pool sessions + 1 day open water