PADI eLearning courses
Start Your PADI Scuba Education Online
PADI eLearning courses are a convenient way to get started with your dive training immediately.
This knowledge development portion of the course allows you to work at your own pace using PADI eLearning programs. This interactive study option allows you to learn any time and anywhere you have an internet connection.
PADI eLearning courses enable you to:
- Watch, listen, read and interact with a dynamic instructional program.
- Access the course material for one year, plus gain unlimited access to an online version of the course manual.
- Get in the water quickly – applying your knowledge – when you get into the water.
- You can buy the courses as gifts.
The Open Water Diver eLearning course is an interactive learning experience. It is the most popular PADI eLearning course. and is designed for beginners who want to earn their first dive certification.
- Study the facts, principles and concepts needed to prepare you for confined and open water dives.
- Video clips that introduce the world of scuba diving.
- Take progressive quizzes to test your understanding of the material.
- Final exam included
ReActivate eLearning has 20 main sections.It covers scenarios that help you refresh your dive theory in an integrated manner.
Examples of section topics include:
- Dive preparation
- Boat diving
- Dive computers
- Aquatic life
- Diving health and fitness
To complete your knowledge refresher, you’ll be prompted to complete a Quick Review. ReActivate eLearning also includes a dive skills review with video demonstrations along with RDP and enriched air diving reviews.
The Advanced Open Water Diver eLearning course is designed for certified divers who are looking to take their diving to the next level., The online program includes seven sections and includes deep diving and underwater navigation.
The Rescue Diver eLearning course has 5 sections. The course covers a wide range of topics including, the psychology of rescue, recognizing diver stress, and accident management.
The Dive Theory eLearning course is ideal if you’re looking to improve your overall understanding of diving theory.
Instructor Development Course online
The Instructor Development eLearning course contains the independent study portion of the Instructor Development Course. (IDC). The nine online sections provide foundational information and prepare the candidate to become an instructor and teach the PADI System of diver education.
Please contact us for details on this course.
The Digital Underwater Photography eLearning course covers the SEA (shoot, examine, adjust) method enabling a diver to quickly and easily capture their favourite and most exciting moments underwater. This online program also includes an overview of underwater videography.
The Enriched Air Nitrox eLearning Course provides the knowledge base for PADI’s most popular speciality course.
Learn the benefits, safety considerations and important procedures of diving with enriched air nitrox. (air with a higher oxygen content)
Whether it’s a missing o-ring, wetsuit tear or a broken fin strap, the PADI Equipment Specialist course enables you to manage basic repairs and adjustments.
You will also learn more about how your equipment functions,
The Equipment Specialist eLearning course covers,
- Equipment care and maintenance procedures as well as storage recommendations.
- Common equipment problems and how to handle them.
- Equipment configuration suggestions.
The Emergency First Response eLearning course focuses on building a students confidence therefore increasing their willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency.
Course participants learn simple to follow steps for emergency care and practice applying skills in a non-stressful learning environment.
The course covers
- Primary Care
- Secondary Care
- Injury assessment
- Illness assessment
Much of the world’s best scuba diving is accessible only by boat. The PADI Boat Diver Specialty course provides the knowledge development and essential skills needed to dive from different kinds of vessel.
You will learn about,
- Boat terminology
- Safety procedures
- Current Considerations
- Entry and exit procedures
The Deep Diver Speciality eLearning course covers deep-diving applications, techniques, and considerations
Among the topics covered are;
- Specialized deep diving equipment.
- Deep dive planning,
- Buddy contact procedures,
- Safety considerations and
- Buoyancy control
- Managing your gas supply
- Dealing with gas narcosis.
The Diver Propulsion Vehicle eLearning Course covers such topics as
- Maintaining your Diver Propulsion Vehicle
- How to plan dives,
- Procedures for staying with your buddy.
- Handling skills, such as making proper descents and ascents.
- Potential problems and methods of dealing with them.
The PADI Drift Diver eLearning course teaches the skills and techniques needed to successfully plan and carry out drift dives.
You will learn about such topics as
- Surface Marker Buoy Deployment
- Entry and Exit Techniques
- How to avoid separation from your buddy.
- Finning techniques
- How to use currents to your advantage
The PADI Drysuit Diver eLearning course covers the skills and safety considerations needed when using a drysuit,
- How to take care of migrating air within the suit
- Which drysuit style and accompanying undergarments are suitable for you.
- How to take care of your drysuit.
- Donning and doffing your dry suit with minimal assistance.
- Mastering buoyancy control when using a drysuit.
The PADI Night Diver eLearning course covers the techniques and procedures needed to safely conduct night dives. You will learn about;
- Light handling and communication techniques.
- Entering, exiting and navigating in the dark.
- Identifying how plants and animals change behaviour at night.
The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty eLearning course enables you to master buoyancy control.
Excellent buoyancy control is what defines experienced scuba divers.
You will learn to move effortlessly, reduce air consumption and improve your ascents and descents.
- Hover easily.
- Reduce the amount of weight you use.
- Calculate the amount of weight you require.
- Become more relaxed underwater.
On the Search and Recovery eLearning course you will cover such topics as,
- Using compass search patterns combined with natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy items and other recovery methods.
- Plan a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost item.
On this course, you will learn to
- Use natural clues to navigate and also practice:
- Methods to estimate distance underwater.
- Compass navigation while making multiple turns
- Marking or relocating a submerged object or position from the surface.
- Underwater map making.
The Wreck Diver eLearning Course begins by reviewing guidelines for researching and respecting wrecks. You will also learn: about;
- Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks.
- Surveying and mapping a wreck.
- Using penetration lines and reels to guide exploration.
- Techniques to avoid kicking up silt on a wreck.