PADI Basic Freediver Course
Minimum Age: 12 years old
PADI Basic Freediver Course Overview:
Cost: £295.00 Minimum Age Requirement: 12 years old
The PADI Basic Freediver Course is designed as an initial step within the broader PADI Freediver program. It serves as a foundational introduction, focusing on the development of essential freediving skills. The course emphasises core freediving principles and provides practical training in breath-hold techniques, conducted either in a pool or a confined water environment.
During the PADI Basic Freediver Course, participants learn the proper use of a mask, snorkel, and fins. Additionally, they have the option to incorporate a wetsuit and weight belt into their training. While it is recommended to use gear specifically designed for freediving, participants may also have the option to utilize their existing snorkeling equipment during the course.
The PADI Basic Freediver course comprises two key phases:
Confined Water Sessions:
Engage in two sessions dedicated to acquiring breath-hold techniques, static and dynamic apnea skills, and proper buddy techniques. Goals include achieving a Static Apnea of 90 seconds and a Dynamic Apnea of 25 meters.
- PADI Freediver Touch: An online program featuring Knowledge Development Reviews, Quizzes, Exams, and Videos.
- All necessary equipment for the course.
- Tuition by a PADI professional freediving instructor who is fully insured and complies with UK HSE regulations.
- PADI Certification Fee.
- Small group sizes to ensure personalised attention.
- Age requirement of 12 years or older.
- Demonstrate the ability to swim continuously on the surface for 200 meters without swimming aids or for 300 meters with a mask, snorkel, and fins.
- Sunday 19.30-21.30
Dulwich College Sports Club, London SE21 7LD
- Wednesday 20.00-22.00
Clapham Leisure Centre, London SW4 6DB
Cost: £295.00 with all equipment included
Duration: 2 evenings