Emergency First Response Instructor
During the Emergency First Response Instructor course, you will refine on your skills as an Emergency Responder and focus on developing your instructional abilities to teach these skills to others.
The Instructor course provides you with the additional training necessary to teach the Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR), Secondary Care (First Aid) and Care for Children courses. (Region-specific courses including First Aid at Work Asia Pacific and First Aid at Work Great Britain require additional training.) Through a multi-media approach of independent study, classroom sessions and practical teaching assignments, you learn to conduct Emergency First Response courses.
The instructor course covers specific goals and performance requirements for the Primary Care, Secondary Care and Care for Children courses, as well as AED and on O2 provision.
- Scene Safety Assessment Universal Precautions.
- Communicable Disease Protection, including barrier use.
- Primary Assessment.
- Rescue Breathing.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Conscious and Unconscious Obstructed Airway Management.
- Serious Bleeding Management.
- Shock Management.
- Spinal Injury Management.
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training.
- Injury Assessment.
- Illness Assessment.
- Splinting for Dislocations and Fractures.
Duration: 1 – 2 days (depending on number of candidates)
Not Included: Application fee £80.00, EFR teaching materials £65.00