PADI Assistant Instructor Course
The Assistant Instructor Course is the first component of the full Instructor Development Course and can be done as a stand alone course or combined into the I D C Either way the course content is exactly the same.
The Assistant Instructor Course can be completed in 2-4 days.
The Assistant Instructor Course introduces the PADI system of education. You’ll need to complete the following components:
- Complete the full skill circuit of 24 basic scuba skills.
- Deliver presentations on parts of dive theory from the courses you’ll be qualified to teach.
- Give teaching presentations in confined water working with simulated students.
- Give teaching presentations in open water combining multiple skills with simulated students.
- Attend presentations on the PADI system.
The Assistant Instructor Course costs £450. This includes all training, equipment use and pool access. The following costs are not included:
- E-Learning: £258
- Course materials (approx £360)
- Transport and dive site entrance
- Application to PADI (£61)